Monday, November 06, 2006

Meaning behind a name



I like this picture of me it really captures who I am. The pic was taken at the Castle we went to in Germany two weeks ago. I was drawn to this window seat in the castle. I love window seats. I sat there for a while just thinking about God, life, dreams and hopes. I have been through a lot in the last year. Due to a severe back injury that literally stopped me in my tracks. It was a year ago this week I hurt my back. I am a nurse. So everything has been on mind of what has transpired in the last year to me. I think sometimes God uses things like this to get our attention. Well God got my attention. I will just say that it seemed that everything came crashing down around me. I have to say this has been the worst and best year of my life. The worst being the injury and the best finding God again in the process. So for the past year everyday has been a struggle for me. I still live with back pain. It is not as bad as it was and I am on my way to getting better. But I still have days that are such a challenge for me but I have found comfort in God and knowing that He is there. This past Sunday we went to church and they had a guest speaker Bill Bates who was a football player for the Dallas Cowboys and he told his testimony. And he talked about having dreams and overcoming trials. It hit home with me. It was like God was telling me I can get through this and overcome it. Anyway, It is kinda how I picked my name for my blog. That my everyday life has been a struggle for the past year. And each day there seemed to be a new challenge for me. But I am glad that God got my attention. I could not imagine not having God in my life at this point. He has shown me that he is there and he is real. And he has put very special people in my life to help me. It just amazes me how God has worked in my life.

2 comments:

Susie said...

I am so glad to hear you are doing better each day. It is so nice to see that God drew you closer to Him through your pain and struggles.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture.