Thursday, December 31, 2009

God can make things New again



God gave me this scripture today. I think it is an awesome scripture for the New Year Isaiah 43:14-21. God gave me this scripture twice in the last two days. And the prayer focus for the devotional that it came from was for missionaries. So it really spoke to me because I have been on three trips to the Dominican Republic since 2007. And going to the Dominican Republic was for me an act of faith. That God was telling me to go. All I heard was His still small voice that said "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

God is in the business of making things new again if you will let Him. He will give you knew hopes and new dreams. That is what He did for me. Never did I think I would go to the Dominican Republic. He gave me a heart for these people. And I love going there. God gave me a new life once I surrendered everything to Him.

Isaiah 43:14-21

14 This is what the LORD says-
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
"For your sake I will send to Babylon
and bring down as fugitives all the Babylonians,
in the ships in which they took pride.
15 I am the LORD, your Holy One,
Israel's Creator, your King."
16 This is what the LORD says—
he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,
17 who drew out the chariots and horses,
the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:
18 "Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
20 The wild animals honor me,
the jackals and the owls,
because I provide water in the desert
and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to my people, my chosen,
21 the people I formed for myself
that they may proclaim my praise.

No comments: