Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tell it all to God



Last night I was so frustrated. I was frustrated with everything. With my foot and everyone around me. So I got my journal out and I just poured my heart out to God about everything. I asked Him to forgive me for complaining to Him but I needed to get it out. And then this morning I received this devotional in my email about "Tell it all to God." And this was the scripture in the devotional "Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. —Psalm 62:8." So I know now that God does want us to pour our hearts out to Him. It has just been really frustrating with my foot the way it is. Not being able to do things on my own. And other things in my life right now. Sometimes life is just plain frustrating! And after I had written in my journal I put my mp3 player on and listened to Matt Redman's song Facedown. And for about an hour I listened to Matt Redman and worshiped God. Quietly. I just wanted things to be quiet. I have just felt a lot of noise around me recently. I wanted some peace and quiet. And the only way it seemed I could get that was to put my mp3 player on and tune out the world. And just worship God. And I felt so much better after that. At that moment when I started to worship I could feel His presence. It is quite wonderful when you are in His presence. And I felt so much peace at that moment. This also reminded me of Isaiah 26:3" You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."
So I don't think I started Lent out right. But I felt like God was telling me just turn everything over to Him. And it seemed like God did not mind me telling him all my frustrations. I think He wants us to. When I got the devotional it just spoke volumes to me. That God really does care about our problems and frustrations and He wants us to tell Him about them. He wants to be kind to us and comfort us in our lives that are so full of stress. But I think I am going to have to work on the list I posted below for Lent.   Here is the link to the devotional it you would like to read it. www.rbc.org/devotionals/our-daily-bread/2010/02/18/devotion.aspx

3 comments:

George M. Sipe said...

Hi Janice, it's nice to meet you!

I have included you in the "Convert Stories" listing (http://www.convertjournal.com/p/convert-stories.html). Please let me know if you would like any changes to your entry and consider adding the "badge". Thanks.

George M. Sipe said...

Janice, Please click on "Add me"! link which appears under "Who is missing?". Feel free to send me e-mail if you need help. Thanks.

Becky Wolfe said...

Gosh, it feels like I've been doing a lot of venting to God lately too in my impatience and frustrations & questions. I'm glad to be reminded that He WANTS us to pour our hearts out to Him and not just with the 'good & proper' stuff.