Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rite of Sending at the Cathedral



Today was the rite of sending for Catechumens and Candidates for RCIA. It was a beautiful day. And a beautiful ceremony for everyone. There was Catechumens and Candidates from all over the diocese there. It was a packed house today. The singing was just beautiful.  Then they called my name to go up the he bishop. My husband had to push me up there in the wheel chair so he got to go with me up to the bishop. My sponsor was also with me walking beside me with her hand on my left shoulder.  I got to met and  hug the bishop. Then he blessed me and prayed for healing for my foot. I was't expecting him to pray for  the healing of my foot. Then there was a time of adoration. It was a beautiful moment. Afterwards there was a reception for us. I was able to take a picture with the bishop. Then we ate and had good fellowship with some friends. It was just a great service.

2 comments:

George @ Convert Journal said...

Congrats Janice, it is very exciting!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Congratulations. Hope your foot gets better soon.

God bless.